Location: To be Determined; Waimea or Pauuilo, Big Island
This workshop is taught by Dr. Kelleyerin Clabaugh. This is a two-part course- first participants take our online Equine First Aid for Horse Owners course and then attend the workshop.
Students who complete the online course and workshop will receive a Certificate of Completion of this course.
The online section of this course discusses common equine emergency situations, addresses how to respond appropriately, and covers the necessary supplies to have available. Trailer safety is also discussed. Horse owners should be able to recognize, be prepared for and appropriately respond to these situations.
The workshop is a 6-hour course taught by an equine veterinarian. These are skills that are best learned in a workshop setting. An example of skills covered in the workshop
- How to properly take vital signs and a digital pulse.
- Bandaging and Wrapping: Differences between materials and types of materials, when to use.
- Wound Care: Does and Don't, wound management
- Eye Wound Management
- How to manage a cast horse
- How to properly give injections
The link to register for this online course: